Here we Go !!!

Voila !! 
here I am, away from the crazy city life of Delhi, away from my homeland but certainly with a good purpose to return with gifts loaded with new insights, baggages full of experiences to share. 
Understandably, the decision of being here was bound to be quite nervy in the sense that not only I was stepping in a relatively new culture and environment, but a new course of study altogether which in a way will define my academic belongings & afterwards, a satisfying job, would I be able to get ?? 

Such concerns hang in the minds of most of us but the “good news” I have from here to those aspiring to be a part, is that I’m sure, it really will be a memorable time out here because the whole ambience is decorated with beautiful people from so many countries, a blend of traditional & modern approaches to learning,  a coherent system of administration, an amazing experience of a new culture of Newars & literally with stars studded with noble intentions that one indeed once again  feel @ home. 

Fortunately, due to the kindness of Rinpoches, I have some wonderful teachers right from the beginning of my journey, compassionate in-depth explanations of Khenpo Urgyen, amazing eloquent translator Joost & equally powerful teaching skills of Jo; extremely rational, unique and inspiring talks by Philippe, perfect learning of colloquial Tibetan with Phuntsok la & Rinchen la and  most creative teaching skills of Pavitra ji in Nepali language. 

Indeed, with the aid of language partners, drillers, office bearers, staffs, guest lectures  & so many other activities that learning have become a pure pleasure, a smooth meaningful journey. I am also very much indebted to RYI & Khyentse Foundation for the scholarship I got which is a huge inspiration indeed for anyone wanted to study Buddhism in depth & also a huge responsibility to repay their kindness through genuine study & practice. 


In the first year we are being taught the text Bodhicaryavatara by Bodhisattva Santideva, who systematically unfolds the generation, stabilization, and  expansion of precious bodhicitta thus traversing the path of noble bodhisattvas. Going through each word each line each stanza leaves me with awe as to how Santideva a scholar in his pursuit, could take into account each aspects of sentient beings yearnings & soothes in his compassionate lines & intentions. It leaves me with utter joy & appreciation for the precious bodhicitta, with a bag full of aspirations that may someday somewhere somehow every one of us give rise to such an excellent mind which cherishes others every now & then. 
In the inspiring words of Khunu Rinpoche,“ If you ask what is the sweetest sound in the world, even if many refined people were to investigate it, I don’t think you will hear anything but the word  ‘bodhicitta’.” 

Certainly, bodhicitta seems very special, it is said to be the supreme elixir which makes our life beautiful & meaningful. Since I am just starting my journey here, I would like to conclude with a small aspiration, “ no matter how much secure we feel in our comfort zones, may we be mindful of its basic insecurity; no matter how much ridiculously insane we feel of ourselves, may we never forget our basic sanity; even if someone is very annoying, may we be compassionate enough not to mind about it since brief spells of madness we all share; and may I quickly work through my stubbornness, passions & so forth, to be of some help for others. ’’ 
In Bodhicaryavatara :

“ May I be a protector for those without one,
A guide for all travellers on the way;
May I be a bridge, a boat and a ship,
For all who wish to cross ( the water ).

May I be an island for those who seek one,
And a lamp for those desiring light,
May I be a bed for all who wish to rest,
And a slave for all who want a slave.’’

~ Nawang  from  Ladakh 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pharping – The Sacred Site of Asura Cave and Yangleshö

The Five Best Restaurants in Bouddha for Shedra Students

The Hidden Story of the Golden Temple at Patan