Coming from Brazil to Boudhanath

In 2002 I was living in Chagdud Gonpa Khadro Ling, in Brazil with my Root Lama Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche. During that year I heard of the Shedra by a former student and made aspirations to come and study Tibetan Language and Buddhist Philosophy there. Since I was scheduled to go into long retreat I thought I would have to postpone this plan. With the Paranirvana of my teacher, his son Tulku Jigme Rinpoche, sat with me and said that it would be good for me if I came to Nepal to study, “specially if you go to Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche’s Shedra.”

Following Tulku Jigme’s advice I came to Nepal in 2003 to study under Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche. From then until today almost five years have passed, and during that time I had amazing opportunities. Nepal in general and Rangjung Yeshe Institute in particular offer an environment rich in opportunities to each and every individual that wishes to learn Buddhism, Tibetan and Sanskrit.

Here I have met amazing Lamas, learned Tibetan in the classroom, sitting in greasy spoon restaurants, as well as in the house of Tibetan friends drinking endless cups of tea. Here I also had the opportunity to study a great amount of classical philosophy in and out of the Shedra, both in Tibetan and in Sanskrit. Nevertheless the most amazing gift I got here was the birth of my son Gabriel. Now my family and I live in an apartment facing the Stupa where I work, study and practice.

~ Sergio MA Student and Tibetan Language Instructor from Brazil

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pharping – The Sacred Site of Asura Cave and Yangleshö

The Five Best Restaurants in Bouddha for Shedra Students

The Hidden Story of the Golden Temple at Patan