Lucky to be a student of RYI



Kathmandu is the capital city and the largest city of Nepal with a population of 1.5 million. It is my first time here in Kathmandu, Nepal and what brought me here is my decision to study Buddhist philosophy. I feel very much blessed to be here and especially to be able to study in this holy land. I couldn’t ask for a better condition.

 I started my course in Rangjung Yeshe Institute in august last year, 2018. I am very much satisfied with all the classes I take. I will definitely learn a lot and most importantly become a better human being. I am rather taken aback by how well the teachers and the students are here. Being a school of Buddhist studies, I realised how different it is from the other institutes or universities. Anyone I met has been very kind and helpful all this time. Also to mention how simple and calm the environment is at the institute. Everyone respects one another which I really appreciate.

Since, the institute is very close to the main Boudha Stupa, I go around the stupa every day. Being near the stupa is another great feeling that one doesn’t get to experience very often. And when we look around we see so many people from all over the world with different cultures and traditions who have gathered around the stupa. Never have I seen such diverse presence of people. It truly is a very beautiful place to be in and I hope and pray for more people to get such an opportunity like me to come here and study Buddhism.

~ Kinley from Bhutan


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pharping – The Sacred Site of Asura Cave and Yangleshö

The Five Best Restaurants in Bouddha for Shedra Students

The Hidden Story of the Golden Temple at Patan