Feelings


THE FEELINGS

Firstly as the recipient of the South Asia and Himalayan Scholarship, I am highly honored and would like to express my sincere heartfelt gratitude for the tremendous support bestowed to me through this scholarship. Without a doubt this scholarship will play key role in my educational dreams and I knew I had been given the privilege to attend a prestigious program that not many people were lucky enough to which bestowed in me a sense of obligation to use the opportunity effectively.

Changes can make people overwhelm with the newness of the situation. Moving from a high school to a university is one of the largest changes to my life. I was very excited, since I finally made it to the university that I and my parents dreamed about. But then at the very beginning it’s hard to put my nerves to the bed, as I felt that I entered some new world and this program made me realize how big and complex the world really is. Will I fit? Am I smart enough? Will I be able to relate creditably? These were the questions that plagued my mind as I put up my first step in the campus of RYI as all my fellow scholars were brilliant minds from all around the world. The most mesmerizing thing that I will forever cherish will be the moment that I was greeted by kind and always-ready-to-help staff that made me feel welcome in a foreign environment. They were willing to lend a hand in all that I needed and to chat amicably whatever they could, that actually helped to rid of the fear that I was having for new start and built rigid confident to take my step forward.

Negative feeling in first day of university and falling into the abyss of loneliness is not a serious problem without solution. Now, with awesome inter linked network of friendship with amiable scholars it was so fun to learn profound Buddhist philosophy and Himalayan languages with great motives and pride in Rangjung Yeshe Institute under the guidance of Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche.

~ Sonam from Bhutan



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pharping – The Sacred Site of Asura Cave and Yangleshö

The Five Best Restaurants in Bouddha for Shedra Students

The Hidden Story of the Golden Temple at Patan