To Live and Study in Nepal



To Live and Study in Nepal

A couple of months ago I came back to Nepal to finish the fourth, and last year of my BA. The years I have spent in Nepal have been some of the greatest of my life, and the amazing thing is that every year as a student at RYI has been more wonderful than the previous one, because there are simply so many unexpected things to try, making it impossible to ever be bored, (very useful when you are a student, since it helps you stay relaxed!). For example, recently I tried for the very first time to cook risotto in Nepal, which turned out to be quite a project. First I had to find the cheese, which was not easy and involved a lot of searching. Then, in another place I found the rice, and finally a bottle of decent wine. This took two days. To then watch over the risotto and prevent it from burning (since Nepali stoves are extremely efficient) took at least another hour, but in the end it was worth the effort since the risotto ended up being edible after all. After finishing the risotto I had a lot of energy, and was able to study quite well that night, but the best part was how exciting the entire project was. I do not think there is any other place in the world where cooking can be so extremely satisfying and rewarding, and that is the case with so many small things in Nepal! To have had the opportunity to study here, at RYI has been a privilege, and I am sure that there are many more wonderful things to discover.
~Rebecca from Sweden     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pharping – The Sacred Site of Asura Cave and Yangleshö

The Five Best Restaurants in Bouddha for Shedra Students

The Hidden Story of the Golden Temple at Patan