My MA Study at RYI



My MA Study at RYI

I first heard about Rangjung Yeshe Institute from my supervisor Prof. Georgios T. Halkias when I was studying in the Master of Buddhist Studies program at the University of Hong Kong. In March 2017, I was very fortunate to have the precious opportunity to go to Kathmandu to attend the teachings of Mingyur Rinpoche and Tsoknyi Rinpoche, and had the chance to visit RYI on the last day during my stay in Kathmandu, which planted a seed in my heart that soon grew into greater interest in studying Tibetan Buddhism as well as a stronger willing to immerse myself in the practice of the teachings of the Tibetan Buddhist tradition.

I was very lucky to be admitted into the MA in Buddhist Studies program at RYI, which perfectly suits my interest in the study of Indian and Tibetan Buddhist philosophy. RYI provides me with excellent language courses in both Sanskrit and Tibetan, research seminars which constantly give me inspiring new perspectives from many different aspects on important topics in Buddhist studies and broader religious studies, and Khenpo classes that enable me to approach the Tibetan commentaries in a traditional way which has always been a great resource of help to my practice of the Buddhist path.

The study and practice of Tibetan Buddhism also deepens my understanding of the Chinese Buddhist tradition, in which I grew up since childhood. Both Tibetan and Chinese Buddhism are opening themselves up more and more to me as I study, contemplate, and practice the two of them, and I wish to continue to deepen this understanding through my MA study and thesis writing in the hope to add to people’s appreciation of the rich teachings of both the two Buddhist traditions.

I’m really grateful that I can study at RYI, under the precious guidance of our venerable guru Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche, and with all the friendly and loving teachers, classmates and friends. Studying in the MA program at RYI is one of the best choices I have ever made.

~ Tong from China

Comments

Unknown said…
Great! Tong,

I am so happy for your achievements.
May you be blessed with the wisdom and compassion of the Buddha and Bodhisattva
Unknown said…
Congratulations! Tong,

I am so happy for your achievements.

May you be blessed with the wisdom and compassion of the Buddha and Bodhisattva
Unknown said…
Congratulations! Tong,

I am so happy for your achievements.

May you be blessed with the wisdom and compassion of the Buddha and Bodhisattva

Popular posts from this blog

Pharping – The Sacred Site of Asura Cave and Yangleshö

The Five Best Restaurants in Bouddha for Shedra Students

The Hidden Story of the Golden Temple at Patan