Lucky Me


“School life is a golden life,” I often used to cherish this quote and feel it is so true until I joined the RYI.

The beautiful environment here, students came from almost every corner of the world, Modern students learning from the traditional teacher and exposure to the daily life of Monks in RYI made me rich as a person. Moreover, studying in RYI proved my presupposed notion of college life as boring life infused with boring lecture to be wrong rather it induced me to think out of the box and have broader approach to life.

First and foremost I feel blessed to be at RYI is that I got precious opportunity to study Buddhism under the constant vigilance of Rinpoches and their priceless guidance which I find very rare and I could never trade it for anything else in life. I feel embraced by Rinpoches’ compassion all the time at RYI.

As a student, I got to learn several things in various topics here such as Himalayan Languages, Buddhist Philosophy and its history. I am provided with one of the valuable tool to enhance my skill is writing skill in which I had no knowledge beforehand. Also, constant visit of veteran professors as a guest lecturer and their valuable lecture is another benchmark of RYI in terms of its quality of learning supplement where we get to sharpen our knowledge and get to deal with distinct ideas and thoughts. It really adds the flavor to academia.

RYI student also have the privilege to learn Himalayan languages. I am thoroughly enjoying learning Tibetan language and by now I can understand and also speak correct Tibetan language pretty well. This makes my life more enriching and worthwhile as a follower of Tibetan Buddhism. For which, I am truly thankful to our qualified teacher who succeed to make us learn faster. Moreover, cooperative administrative staff who are always there to assist us in every possible way, and their endeavor to build better RYI is immensely praiseworthy. 

Thus, I am completely blissed-out and lucky to be at RYI and it has given me a chance to sharpen my knowledge in the field of my choice.

~ Choki Gurung from Nepal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pharping – The Sacred Site of Asura Cave and Yangleshö

The Five Best Restaurants in Bouddha for Shedra Students

The Hidden Story of the Golden Temple at Patan