Winter vacation in South India


This winter in Kathmandu was very cold to me as I was grown up in South India. After finishing the final examination in Kathmandu University (Rangjung Yeshi Institute). I was planning to travel winter vacation where the weather is warm, where I do not have to put on my North Face jacket and thick shawl. 
Very luckily, I got news from my friend that this winter there will be a teaching in Gaden Jangtse monastery (South India). The monastery where I was grown up and complete my five Buddhist major fundamental scriptures. So I plan my winter vacation in South India where the weather is warm and also I can receive the teaching by H.H. the Dalai Lama and spend my times with teachers, classmates and friends.


I took my flight from Kathmandu to Bangalore. From Bangalore I have to travel by bus around six hours. I was very happy when I arrived Gaden Jangtse monastery. There was a lot of welcoming banners written in different languages and flowers for H.H. The Dalai Lama.

We have a teaching for one week. The text was base on the Lamrim (The Great stages path to Enlightenment). We have a teaching morning from 8: 30 to 11:30 and afternoon 1:00 to 3:30. There were around forty five thousand people from almost sixty countries gathering in one place to receive the precious teaching by H.H the Dalai Lama.



My vacation in South India brought my childhood reflection back, the taste of Tibetan butter tea, sweet bread and special love and compassion toward me by one of the eldest monk in our monastery who is ninety-two years old.

Finally my experience of translating or teaching Tibetan Buddhism in English was so wonderful that I learnt here in Rangjung Yeshe Institute. I was so lucky to get opportunity to study in RYI. I got lot of confident how to explain the Tibetan Buddhism in English. 
I just finished my first semester and I can see that I have improved my English and even gain lot of confidence too.


~Tenzin from Nepal 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pharping – The Sacred Site of Asura Cave and Yangleshö

The Five Best Restaurants in Bouddha for Shedra Students

The Hidden Story of the Golden Temple at Patan