Rangjung Yeshe Shenpen

My alarm rang at 5:30. But I stopped it, and again, I slept because the day was Saturday and I don’t have class at Rangjung Yeshe. After one hour I woke up and had one cup of coffee. That is how I start my day. Then I started reading articles, writing papers and so forth as my exam was scheduled just the following Monday and therefore I had to prepare for it. 

Suddenly I got a call from my friend who stays in swayambhu and he wanted me to join his house to have lunch together, as he had made vegetable momo, which is my favorite dish. I left from my apartment (Boudha) around 11:45 riding my scooter towards Swayambhu. I just crossed the Hyatt gate when I lost my scooters balance. I tried my best to handle it and it worked. 
Then in front of me I saw two bikes that had fallen. So I put on my scooter brake when I saw people running out from ten directions. All the buildings were dancing, the vehicles were parking on the middle of the street. I felt like watching the movie called 'The End of the World'.

After a minute I started my scooter towards swayambhu. On the road I saw one big building that had collapsed, and only then I realized that an earthquake had happened and the effect was quite strong. Then I saw different streets more and more house ruined by the earthquake.

On Sunday I went back to boudha from swayambhu to meet my classmates, teachers, staff and friends. I was very happy to see them all in a very good situation. Some of them were on the Hyatt ground and some of them were on a ground behind the White Gompa . 

The following days I went to the White Gompa and everyday I saw monks and lots of volunteer who were working, loading sack of rice and dal in the truck to send it off to different villages, which were totally collapsed and they really need help and support to survive. Rangjung Yeshe Shenpen was there for the needy. 

Really, I was inspired by the hard work with pure intention to support those village people. Still they are working for those villages that really need help.
I will stop here with a big salute to Rangjung Yeshe Shenpen staff and the volunteers.


Tenzin from Nepal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pharping – The Sacred Site of Asura Cave and Yangleshö

The Five Best Restaurants in Bouddha for Shedra Students

The Hidden Story of the Golden Temple at Patan