Realization Arise Interdependently

Last Fall in September 2011, I joined Rangjung Yeshe Institute for BA degree. In Spring, I went up to Pullahari Rigpe Dorje Institute to continue my third year. So, I could not study at RYI last Spring from January to March 2012. But this year from June to August 2012, I attended the summer course in Buddhist Studies. 

Presently, I am in the second year of the BA and taking five courses this semester. Every morning from Monday to Friday 8:00am-9:00am I attend philosophy class of Thirty Seven Practices of a Bodhisattva Commentary by Chos Kyi Dragpa. Then alternately 9:15am-10:45am I attend History of Buddhism and Specialized Studies classes. Next 11:00 am -12:30 pm I attend Uttaratantra Sastra class Commentary by Jamgon Kongtrul Yonten Gyatso.

Then I have lunch break and self study time for the rest of the day. On Monday and Thursday 4:00pm-5:30pm I attend Translation Project class in translating Uttaratantra Sastra Commentary by Gyu Mipham Rinpoche. As I have to write many academic papers for the credits it drives me bit mad, but I like it and enjoy it a lot because it makes me learn a lot.

Actually the reason to study this course is to use the accumulated knowledge in my practical life to practice but somehow while studying I don’t get enough spacious time for it. Thus I would say studying is beneficial however it takes away a lot of time.

In the past, I had experienced that without wisdom, only through the training of ethical conduct, no enlightenment can be achieved. But now I am experiencing that without practical practice, only through the accumulation of knowledge, no enlightenment is possible to achieve. Now I am feeling that Practical Spiritual Practice is the most essential. I am a completely dependent person. So, being a human in this world and through many experiences I learnt that realization arise interdependently.


 ~Sonam Sangmo from Nepal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pharping – The Sacred Site of Asura Cave and Yangleshö

The Five Best Restaurants in Bouddha for Shedra Students

The Hidden Story of the Golden Temple at Patan