Annual Fall seminar with Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche

The seminar held at Ka-Nying Shedrub Ling Monastery was an amazing experience for me. The teachings given by Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche touched the core of my heart. I really felt a flow of blessing for all of the people who participated in the program. There were two sections to the program: one included a period of guided meditation, the other included teachings given by Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche.
Through Rinpoche’s teaching, I realized that everything in this world is mind. If we really know the nature of mind, then and only then can we be free from the suffering of samara. Listening to his words, I understood that I could die at any moment, so this human life is very precious. If everyone, including myself, practices Shamatha and Vipassana, then we can be free from negative thoughts .I also learned that listening to a Dharma teaching is not enough; practice and reflection in life are very important.

In the afternoon, Phakchok Rinpoche’s teaching was also great. He shared many of his life stories, in which he conveyed a message that the happiness we are seeking in samara is temporary. Phakchok Rinpoche's teachings helped me realized that reading books and gaining knowledge is not enough; practicing and understanding are more important. If we only read, then a day might come when we will die, but that intellectual understanding will not be able to help us then. This part of the teaching was very interesting; I learned that we must accumulate virtue and dedicate in such a way that it will help us to have realization in our own practice and to gain enlightenment. I left with the feeling that enlightenment is very important, and we all can achieve it because we all have Buddha nature.
Phakchok Rinpoche also shared with us that his spiritual teacher was very important for him. It is so for us as well. Without the words of a true spiritual teacher, no one can progress along the path.

On the last day of the seminar, Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche said that as we go for refuge, we make a commitment. That commitment is to have love and compassion for all sentient beings. After we go for refuge, we become a Buddhist, so we must not harm any creature of this world. We must dedicate our life to helping all sentient.
Attending this fall’s seminar with Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche and Phakchok Rinpoche was one of the most enjoyable experiences of my life. I found myself very lucky to be a part of it. The love and compassion Rinpoche has for all of his students, practioners and non-practitioners alike inspired me to have love for all sentient beings. 

~Puja from Nepal 
Puja in front of the Monastery during Tea break

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pharping – The Sacred Site of Asura Cave and Yangleshö

The Five Best Restaurants in Bouddha for Shedra Students

The Hidden Story of the Golden Temple at Patan