To have an aim


To have an aim

Tashi Delek! I’m Pemba, a 3rd year BA student, aspiring to be a Buddhist scholar. Studying in RYI comprises both traditional and academic ways of providing students the scholastic proficiency along with the traditional flavors. So there is a wonderful opportunity to anyone who wants to pursue this career and devote time to Buddhist education. 

Making an aim for life is not a difficult thing to do, however exerting oneself to make it happen is a challenge. Since we are often distracted by various things around us, we tend to procrastinate and unknowingly push our aims away from our reach. In our societies, aims are still shaped in accordance with idealized professions rather than one’s own interest and talent. I changed my aims across times. Because we often create aims on seeing others’ success, just like, “trees are seen greener on other side”. 

The more mature I became, the more I began to realize how essential happiness and peace of mind is. I realized success doesn’t really matter if it doesn’t come out of your interest and most importantly if there is no happiness and peace. Therefore, living a simple life happily becomes much more meaningful than reaching a zenith point of success unhappily. So I decided to join Rangjung Yeshe Institute with the motivation to learn profound Buddhist philosophy and Tibetan language. I have been studying both colloquial and classical Tibetan languages so far, along with other philosophical and academic subjects. Learning languages has always been huge interests of mine and learning Dharma languages like Sanskrit and Tibetan not only helps in academic dimensions of Buddhist Studies, it also helps one to strive in spirituality and have the real juice of scriptures and pith instructions from Rinpoche.

In my three years of study, I found studying Buddhism requires both enthusiasm and diligence in order to acquire proficiency in both Dharma languages and the profound teachings and philosophies of Buddhism.
In the future, I hope I can be of help to spread the profound Buddhist teachings to people who do not understand Tibetan and English.

~ Pemba from Nepal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pharping – The Sacred Site of Asura Cave and Yangleshö

The Five Best Restaurants in Bouddha for Shedra Students

The Hidden Story of the Golden Temple at Patan